GTF Chromacin (60 tablets) (Mfr: Vinco) (Professional quality product)Product Number: GTF6
Your price: $7.96
You save 20%
Usually ships in 3-5 business days (Mon - Fri excluding postal holidays)
Note: Representative picture may be of different size, form, or flavor than the actual product.
|Manufacturer's Product Comments/Description|
"Biologically active chromium, called Glucose Tolerance Factor (GTF,) is responsible for binding insulin to cell membrane receptor sites. Dr. Walter Mertz and his colleagues at the USDA identified the key to chromium's biological activity. He first isolated GTF from Brewer's yeast, but later discovered that only a small portion of the chromium in Brewer's yeast was capable of effecting insulin action. Through a series of experiments, Dr. Mertz identified nicotinic acid, (niacin,) as the compound responsible for GTF Chromium's biological activity. His studies revealed that certain complexes of chromium bound to niacin potentiate insulin activity equal to pure GTF extracts. The most beneficial of these complexes known to date is chromium, dinicotiniate, glutathionate. Because of its performance in recent studies, it has been classified as true GTF chromium.
Insulin is essential for growth and muscle development, and is the chief promoter of energy as well. It has an anabolic effect on each of its target tissues and influences the metabolism of all the body fuels. Therefore, the more efficient/deficient a person's insulin metabolism, the more/less amounts of necessary substances get inside the cells for repair and maintenance.
- Maintaining lean muscle mass - Insulin is a powerful anabolic hormone that inhibits the loss of lean muscle mass while dieting, thus maintaining the body's chief calorie-burning tissue.
- Burning fat - Insulin enhances functional thyroid status by aiding in the conversation of thyroxine (T4) to triiodothyronine (T3,) the body's potent ""fat-burning"" hormone.
- Lowering cholesterol - A strong association exists between chromium deficiency, high blood insulin and elevated blood cholesterol levels - a problem that can manifest itself as a result of inadequate chromium intake.
- Controlling appetite - Insulin is involved in the regulation of the hypothalamic satiety center called the ""appestat,"" communicating the message of whether we're hungry of full.
- Regulating cravings - Insulin plays a crucial role in serotonin synthesis, a neurotransmitter responsible for suppressing the body's desire for carbohydrates.
Zinc, magnesium, iron, calcium, chromium; these are some of the most important minerals essential to daily nutrition. Like so many of these essential minerals, the level of chromium found in our diet has been steadily falling...
... While the National academy of Sciences recommends 200 mcg of chromium per day, we only consume and average of 25 mcg from our food. Seeing how an estimated 90% of all Americans are well below this standard level, it is time to consider a supplement.
Benefits: The use of biologically active GTF chromium as a nutritional adjunct in weight control is based on its ability to overcome insulin resistance and/or enhance the effects of insulin. As stated, insulin is a potent hormone involved in protein, fat and carbohydrate metabolism. It participates in several physiological control mechanisms which, when made to work at full potential, can be expected to amplify the effects of diet and lifestyle changes.
Considerations: The effects of GTF chromium on lifestyle management may find the most benefit when supervised by a qualified health care professional. ChromacinTM acts to potentiate insulin and insulin bound mechanisms. Weight loss, as well as other health issues, are extensions of these mechanisms which should employ diet and exercise consultation.
- 100% Bioavailable
- A formulation supported by years of research
- True GTF Chromium
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."
|Manufacturer's Product Details/Ingredients|
"Each tablet contains: Calcium (carbonate) 53 mg, Chromium (dinicotinate, glutathionate) GTF 200 mcg.
Also contains: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Modified Cellulose Gum, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide.
Suggested Use: As a nutritional supplement for adults and children twelve or more years of age, take 1 to 2 tablets per day. Best taken with food, or as directed by a qualified healthcare professional. Not to exceed two tablets daily. "