Florastor for Kids (10 packets) (Mfr: Biocodex/Medical Futures) (Professional quality product)Product Number: FLOR6
Your price: $12.20
You save 20%
Usually ships in 3-5 business days (Mon - Fri excluding postal holidays)
Note: Representative picture may be of different size, form, or flavor than the actual product.
|Manufacturer's Product Comments/Description|
"The Number One Probiotic Worldwide
Demonstrated Safe and Effective in over 50 years of Extensive International Use - for you, your children and your children's children
What is a probiotic?
Probiotics are natural medications that contain live micro-organisms (good bugs like yeast or bacterium) that, when taken, produce health benefits.
Florastor®-yeast that can benefit your body
Florastor® is proven effective:
Multiple double blind studies (the best type of clinical studies) have shown that Florastor® (Saccharomyces boulardii lyo) helps with†:
- Diarrhea you get while taking antibiotics, called Antibiotic-Associated Diarrhea
- Acute/chronic diarrhea, this is the type of diarrhea you can get if you eat something bad or get an infection in your bowels (gut) from a bad bug (pathogenic bacterium).
- Traveler’s diarrhea, you get this while on vacation or traveling for your job if you eat something bad or get an infection in your bowels from a bad bug (pathogenic bacterium).
- Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea, often called “C. diff” by your healthcare professional. C. diff is a bad bug that causes diarrhea. The bug lives in hospitals and you are only “at risk” if you go into a hospital for surgery.
- Bloating and gas are sometimes caused by the high number of bad bugs in your bowels or gut. Taking a probiotic like Florastor, can often help reduce the bloating and gas caused by the pathogenic bacteria (bad bugs).
If you suffer from diarrhea or Candida, then Florastor® may be right for you. Ask your health care professional about Florastor
Suitable for all ages - from infants to adults
What does Florastor® do?
Florastor® contains Saccharomyces boulardii which is a natural, non-pathogenic (non-pathogenic means non-bad, so it is a good micro-organism) yeast that will not be harmed (is resistant to) by antibiotics†
- Florastor® returns and keeps the normal balance of bugs in your gut (intestinal flora). Keeping this balance of good bugs in your bowels may help relieve bloating and gas often attributed to microbial imbalance†
- Florastor® strengthens the bowels immune system†. The immune system helps fight disease; in the gut, Florastor will help prevent the bad bugs from attacking your bowels
- Florastor® helps with the body’s ability to digest food. (Florastor produces enzymes that help with the digestion of fat, protein and carbohydrate)
- Florastor® can improve your quality of life†
- Reduces number of bowel movements
- Improves consistency of bowel movements
- Unlike Imodium™ Florastor® does not cause constipation. Florastor® is natural and helps to keep your bowels moving†
- Florastor® can be taken for more than 48 hours unlike many other anti-diarrhea treatments
- Ask your health care professional if Florastor® is right for you
Florastor®: Saccharomyces boulardii lyo Key Points
Your intestines contain billions of bacteria and types of yeast, called flora, which are sensitive to changes in diet and stress. During periods of disruption, Florastor® helps maintain normal balance of the intestinal flora.
- The active ingredient in Florastor®, Saccharomyces boulardii lyo, acts as temporary flora to protect your intestinal tract and keep your intestines functioning well. Florastor® is all-natural and works with your body to re-establish the micro-flora, thereby maintaining a digestive balance.
- Florastor® by Biocodex has been successfully researched and tested in over 90 countries worldwide for over 56 years. The S. boulardii lyo strain has over a 56-year record of safety for all ages including infants.
- All the clinical studies on Saccharomyces boulardii have been conducted using the Saccharomyces boulardii lyo strain found in Florastor®. Fourteen years of studies have been done in the US. These studies have been published in leading journals such as JAMA, Gastroenterology, and American Journal of Gastroenterology.
- Florastor® is non-pathogenic yeast. It is not an acidophilus or Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Our Saccharomyces boulardii strain is protected through a patented lyophilization and fermentation process.
- Development temperature is at 30 degrees Celsius. Florastor® remains intact as it enters the digestive tract. There is no loss of activity due to heat or cold. Our patented lyophilization process for Saccharomyces boulardii lyo provides five billion live cells per 250 mg capsule with a shelf life of three years and does not need to be refrigerated.
- Studies have shown Florastor® to be resistant to all commonly used antibiotics (except anti-fungals). When taking antibiotics, Florastor® can be used in conjunction with your standard antibiotic protocols.
- The studies have shown Saccharomyces boulardii lyo helps restore and protect normal micro flora.
Studies Have Shown These Key Functions:
- Florastor® attacks certain bacterial toxins by means of substances produced by the yeast. This includes Toxins A & B associated with Clostridium difficile.
- Florastor® stimulates production of s-IgA, and IgG, which in turn strengthens the digestive tract defenses to help fight infection.
- Florastor® releases polyamines to help repair the mucous membrane. These polyamines increase the activity of short chain fatty acids and disaccharide enzymes (lactase, maltase, sucrase), which help to prevent different types of diarrhea. Florastor® stimulates the colonic mucosa in growing, multiplying, and repairing of intestinal cells.
- Studies have shown Florastor® may be effective against parasites, Candida albicans, Cholera, Salmonella, C. difficile, IBS, Crohn’s disease, IBS, traveler’s diarrhea, and antibiotic associated diarrhea.
|Manufacturer's Product Details/Ingredients|
Each packet contains: Lyophilized Saccharomyces boulardii from 250 mg Biocodex
Also contains: Lactose, Fructose, Tutti-Fruti flavor colloidal anhydrous silica
Suggested Use: 1 packet in the morning, 1 sachet in the evening. Mix contents of sachet with water, apple juice or other "still" non-carbonated drinks. For babies, add to formula after warmed. Florastor can also be added to apple sauce and other soft baby foods.